RICHMOND MENTAL HEALTH CONSUMER & FRIENDS SOCIETY
PEER SUPPORT COORDINATOR
NOTICE OF CONTRACT
CLOSING: JUNE 25, 2008
Peer Support coordinator wanted to oversee well-established peer support program in Richmond.
Job Description: Under the supervision of the RCFC Executive Director the coordinator will maintain a level of direct service for clients and Peer Support Workers that is in line with the Program's annual budget and includes:
* Leading and facilitating the PSW team's mid-month support/debriefing.
* Reviewing new referrals for conformity with Program acceptance criteria, and assigning to next available "best matched"PSW . Ensuring that PSW hours and expenses for pay period reconcile with time sheets and expenses. Includes encouraging PSWs to arrive at meetings with time sheets filled out and receipts for expenses' reimbursement.
* Signing off PSW pay requisitions
* Maintaining petty cash
* Attending staff and Peer Support Advisory meetings as well as workshops and presentations.
* Providing and/or facilitating individual PSW debriefing/support
* Coordinating/facilitating PSW/PSW mentoring arrangements
* Responding to consultation requests from case managers of mutual clients and other professionals enquiring about the services for a client/patient.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will:
* Have completed a Peer Support training program
* Have personal experience receiving services within the mental health system
* Be an effective role model for people recovering from a serious mental illness
* Have effective strategies for dealing with stress
* Be able to work cooperatively with mental health staff
* Be willing to work with a culturally diverse population.
* Be empathetic, patient and supportive
* Be able to present in a professional manner
Additional Skills and Abilities:
* Computer skills including Word and Excel
* Ability to deal with conflict
* Interpersonal skills
* Team player
Closing Date and Location: Please submit a resume and a cover letter to Barbara Bawlf, Executive Director, RCFC, #200- 6061 #3 Rd. Richmond, BC V6Y 2B2 or by fax @(604) 214-9709 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: Position is part-time-14 hours a week.