October 7, 2008
Editorial Assistant Position Available
Pacific Educational Press
University of British Columbia
Pacific Educational Press is hiring an Editorial Assistant. This job will include:
* copyediting book manuscripts and other publications
* photo, map, and diagram research, adhering to an established budget
* securing text and image permissions and compiling credits
* content research and fact-checking as needed
* writing jacket copy and catalogue/website copy
* assisting with acquisitions by maintaining a submissions log, conducting market research, and locating and liaising with outside reviewers
* inputting editorial changes to manuscript and page layout files
* assisting with coding type and basic layout
* obtaining printing quotations for books, catalogues, flyers, and coordinating reprints
* providing administrative and marketing support as needed
Familiarity with MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Filemaker Pro, internet software and image scanning is essential, as are excellent communications skills. An organized, flexible, detail-oriented individual who can work in a team environment is needed to fill this position.
Candidates must have post-secondary education, supplementary training in publishing procedures, and two years' experience in a publishing environment.
Applicants must apply through the UBC Human Resources website between October 12th and 17th, 2008 (www.hr.ubc.ca). Pacific Educational Press, 6365 Biological Sciences Rd., Vancouver V6T 1Z4, 604.822.5385, email@example.com. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The new Fall 2008 Continuing Studies catalogue is here! If you wish to receive a copy by post, please send me your mailing address.
Check out our Fall 08 schedule of courses online at http://www.sfu.ca/wp/index.htm.
Register online at http://www.sfu.ca/wp/registration.htm.
Writing & Publishing Program
2300 - 515 West Hastings
Vancouver BC, V6B 5K3