Hello poets and friends … welcome to Autumn … our favourite month! Here are some news items for you.
1. We Invite you to join the Leaf Press Facebook Group for special announcements this fall. On October 31 (scary) we'll be posting the following:
· An invitation to participate in the first of the chapbook series to be published by Leaf`s new imprint "The Leaf Creative." This is an opportunity for poets who wish to self publish to use the resources of Leaf's editing and design team and to present their work using the Leaf platform.
· Timely notes from Marianne and Suzanne who together have the uncanny ability to select the perfect poetry book for each of your friends, family members, colleagues, neighbours, penpals, fellow students, fellow members of book clubs and hiking clubs and model railroading clubs...
If you don't wish to join Facebook, you can get this information by emailing us. If you are in the Facebook Group and wish to stop receiving these emails, please let us know.
2. The fall titles are out! Check out the website here for the amazing Patrick M. Pilarski and his book Huge Blue. In one month (September) he birthed this amazing western Canada travelogue in Japanese short-form, got engaged, and completed his Ph.D. in computer engineering. Our hats are forever off to him (but not our toques this winter). We've launched Kit Pepper's book Let Beauty Be: a Season in the Highlands, Guatemala on Gabriola Island. There'll be another event in Nanaimo in early December. Click here for more information on this book, which Phil Hall has called "fresh as slaps of light."
3. You are invited to a fun event: "Poet and Painter: A NorthCoast Collaboration" at The Marion Scott Gallery 3:00 p.m. Saturday, November 7, 2009 (308 Water St., Vancouver, B.C.) Enjoy Prince Rupert, its history and environment, through the works of Leanne Boschman, reading from her book Precipitous Signs: a Rain Journal, and Edward Epp, showing the paintings which illustrate the book. More information: http://www.leafpress.ca/Marion_Scott_Gallery_Poster.pdf or Ursula Vaira, publisher at Leaf Press, 250 390-3028 firstname.lastname@example.org. Leanne's book page is here and Edward Epp's website is here.
Best wishes from Ursula, Marianne and Suzanne, the girls of autumn.
P.O. Box 416